On Sunday I was reading a blog post from one of my subbies (Sincerly, Jess. Here’s the link to her blog http://jessj.wordpress.com/2012/05/07/how-far-ive-comethe-road-ahead/#respond) on 30 things you should have by 30. I found it quite interesting since I’ll be 30 in a couple months. So I googled the original author and source of the self survey of how far you’ve come and the road ahead. This is only the first half. The 2nd half will be in another post. Let’s go….
By 30, you should have:
- One old boyfriend you can imagine going back to and one who reminds you of how far you’ve come.
I tried the whole ‘ole flame’ thing and it didn’t work out so NOPE. It was literally a disaster. I happened to be in denial and I wound up feeling hurt and disappointed, but Jesus Saves! There’s a saying that goes: “Never go back to your EX. It’s like reading the same book over & over again when you know how the story ends”. But if you liked the book you’ve read, give it another read. Hopefully you get a feeling of satisfaction.
As to the one who’s reminded me of how far I’ve come, YES! JA!
- A decent piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in your family.
Errrrr….NO. I guess there was never a need. But soon tho!
- Something perfect to wear if the employer or man of your dreams wants to see you in an hour.
Most definitely. A lady should always be equipped and ready for such spontaneous but welcoming events.
- A purse, a suitcase and an umbrella you’re not ashamed to be seen carrying.
Umbrella, yes – Always!
- A youth you’re content to move beyond.
….but when I became a woman, I put away childish things.
- A past juicy enough that you’re looking forward to retelling it in your old age.
Oh yeaaa….My young adolescent days. College was definitely a lot of fun. And Cuba…all I have to say is VIVA!
- The realization that you are actually going to have an old age—and some money set aside to help fund it.
Sadly I haven’t started saving for this but does having a plan count?
- An e-mail address, a voice mailbox and a bank account—all of which nobody has access to but you.
Check, check & check. I check my own messages and manage my own money. I thought those things were private! Oh well *shrugs*
- A résumé that is not even the slightest bit padded.
It might not be much but its all me. Why lie on a resume? The truth will eventually come out. The repercussions I’m sure would be damaging.
- One friend who always makes you laugh and one who lets you cry.
Only one of each? Ok. Here goes…SOT & CR.
- A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill and a black lace bra.
No, no & yes! I believe every woman should own a black lace bra. Sexy much! One day when I own my home or when I meet Mr. Right he might just have a set of tools I can use. Heck he better have…Ha ha!
- Something ridiculously expensive that you bought for yourself, just because you deserve it.
Yup, nuff things but shhhhh…….!
- The belief that you deserve it.
OH HELL YES!!!
- A skin-care regimen, an exercise routine and a plan for dealing with those few other facets of life that don’t get better after 30.
Still working on it. Life just keeps getting better and better as the years roll on by!
- A solid start on a satisfying career, a satisfying relationship and all those other facets of life that do get better.
Career path: Check. I know what I want to do!
Relationship: No…not settling soooo…..
Other: A work in progress! Education is important people! It’s the foundation for greater things to come!